USpace Mission: Solve Problems, Protect People
USpace Vision: Online For Good
Technology is no longer a specialty, it’s an environment we enter every day and perpetually into the future. Online is now a distinct human habitat.
Just like we live our physical lives in an environment subject to all kinds of positive and negative factors, we live in an online environment subject to different kinds of positive and negative factors.
USpace has been created to minimize negative factors and maximize positive benefits of the online network at global scale.
USpace rejects the sale of our private lives online to advertisers and has instead created a digital world designed to mirror how we retain our unique physical world identities.
Unlike email, USpace offers fully private communication between businesses and their customers. Businesses provide rooms on USpace, giving customers a premium channel.
We believe the advantages within the digital realm should be used to protect, not diminish, our rights as individuals:
- We live in homes with walls, not in open barns with millions of other people
- We have private conversations with trusted people; we don’t broadcast everything we say to everyone we may or may not know by publishing it
- We socialize differently with different groups of people; most of us don't want to create a two dimensional version of ourselves that’s designed to be acceptable to everyone
- We conduct our business discreetly to maximize profit and build relationships; we don’t leak personal information to third parties for a quick buck
- We keep our ideas private until we decide they are ready to be shared with the world; we wouldn’t give Ford the keys to our invention just because a Ford engine provides the power for it
- We avoid conversations having no idea if who we are talking with is real or fake, human or robot
- We can organize what’s important ourselves; we don’t constantly need to filter what someone else decides is valuable with their algorithm
Privacy and discretion make life online safe, hospitable and abundant. There is no reason these features can’t be built into the technology we depend on to communicate every day, so we built them into USpace.
New technologies can make it easy to forget the inalienable human rights that have brought our society centuries of progress. As we adapt to the Digital Age, USpace provides an oasis that makes it possible to pursue a successful professional life and maintain a peaceful personal life online.
A collaboration of USpace Members and staff.
February 14, 2020 • Atlanta, Georgia